Monday, November 21, 2011

Sabotage (A College Romance)

"You have gorilla pits", he teased. She laughed. "I told you I was a lesbian." "Actually, you told me you were a feminist. I told you you were a lesbian", he said, reaching for her bra. "You are aware that lesbians don't take their bras off for men?" she asked, resisting. "Actually, I thought lesbians don't wear bras", he replied, undoing the clasp. " "Did you know there are these nude pictures of Georgia O'Keeffe, by Steiglitz, where she has armpit hair?" she asked. She could feel his lips on her nipple. "Would you fuck her?" He stopped, disentangled. "What? Who?" "Georgia O'Keeffe" "I'm not a necro", he said. "Good. Just checking", she teased, a smile playing in the corners of her mouth. She waited for him to resume, but he just stood there, still crouching slightly. "Get up" she said, in what she hoped was a sexy voice. He got up, and she kissed him, her left palm leaning on the rim of a sink that smelled of flowers and pubic hair.

The next morning, he would catch her sniffing the sheets when he went to brush his teeth. "I always wanted to know the smell of man-sweat on linen", she said. "You're crazy", he replied, but she knew from his laughter that he found it charming. She could not know that their breakup would smell of tears and strawberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment