Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Cheating/Facebook

This post is kind of a cheat, but here goes:
I recently read a book of short stories, that were a collection of Facebook statuses written by the author. (Each status was its own story.) I've been thinking about that, because a lot of my statuses the past week seem to be the beginnings of poems or stories (especially list poems), but then I never get around to taking the statuses and continuing them. So I am sharing the statuses. I think turning them into stories/poems would be a cool writing exercise, and want to do it when I have more time. I'd also like to take the mishnayot from Ketubot (Jewish texts concerning marriage law scenarios) and turn them into a series of short stories/telenovellas. I really wish I incorporated more time for writing into my life, and its one of my goals as Passover approaches.

The statuses:

sad and mystical unicorns. coffee. rainbows reflected upon fountains. chocolate melting on a tongue between kisses. sand. iris flowers.

I curled up inside myself and cried.

The fog crawls in on little cat feet, then leaves cuz there's nothing left to eat.
Exhaustion growls like a dog, while sleep gets lost in the fog.
(This is an exhausted ripoff of Carl Sandburg's "Fog" poem.)

Forget the bro code - I live by the ho code.

Cassanova's writing is high-quality literature. His tales are fascinating, his language crisp, and his ramblings thought-provoking. Yet after reading the works of the Marquis de Sade and Leopold Von Sacher-Massoch, I find something lacking. Meanwhile, my mother keens in the background, out of self-pity for herself, because I have not forgiven her for breaking yet another promise. Talk about bondage.

Alabaster coated with honey. A golden watch. Cream-colored lace overlapping a wooden shelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment