Thursday, September 20, 2012

Time to Use Emoticons - Woohoo! (When will we have emoticon poetry? I am waiting for a sonnet entitled "Lol ;)")

I am currently reading "Poetic Form: An Introduction" by David Caplan. While I do think the books a writer reads influence her (or his) work, I don't feel the need to share every book I read. In this case however, I have been using my readings about form to revise my "Chemistry" which is why it keeps on getting more structured - repeated lines, etc., with each revision. I even found myself counting syllables at one point - a tool I seldom use, and probably would not have had I  not just been reading all this material about syllabic uses in different forms. So here is a little shout-out, even if to you it seemed long ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment