Friday, May 3, 2013

Jeremiah 46

I based this on an exercise in my class at Beit Avichai: We write down verses from Song of  Songs that appeal to us and write poems out of them. Here I took verses from Jeremiah, chapter 46, and made a poem based out of my own loose translations of the verses (with a line added at the end that was not directly based off of a loose translation of a verse).

Prepare your shield and make war;
cover me in blood like kisses.

Why have I seen the back coat of your armor?
Don't run away; I can't tell you not to fear.

You rise up like the Nile to greet me;
my eyes are blinded by your waves.

Why have I beheld the glory,
waters too bright for my eyes?

I can still feel your ripples against my thighs.

Below are the verses I used (3, 5, 6,7, 8, 25, 27, 28):

ערכו מגן וצנה uגשו מלחמה
מדוע  ראיתי המה חתים נסגים אחור
אל ינוס הקהל
הנני פוקד
אל תירא עבדי יעקב
מדוע ראיתי
מי זה כיאר יעלה

No comments:

Post a Comment