Saturday, October 22, 2011

Kisses of Silence

"You can not draw out emotions like water", he said, his hand resting gently on my thigh.

I shrugged, moving the ashtray onto my lap in anticipation of his cigarette. He laughed.

"It's a new skirt!" I said.

"What did it cost? Ten dollars?".

I blushed.

"You know me too well." I said.

He laughed.

"No, I'm serious - it will get boring."

"You could never get boring", he said.

His kiss was too wet.

I wanted to say, "Liar", but it hard to talk when someone's tongue is in your mouth.

I thought about our first night together, when he told me I was beautiful. I had wanted to call him a liar then too, but once again, his kisses silenced me.

When we broke up, I told him I didn't want to live a life silenced by his kisses.

"But I don't understand." he said,

"Well then, I suppose for once I've silenced you with my words", I replied, refusing to look back as I turned the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment