Thursday, January 27, 2011

Eve's Complaint

Your slithering serpentine tongue seduced me – its words, the feel of it between my legs – and later, the feel of it reaching towards me through sticky peach flesh.

I loved you. I love you. Who cares?

At night, when I close my eyes, I see your scales slithering away. You left me of course – but does it matter? The betrayal is prosaic, really. Too common to merit a lion’s opening her mouth to roar to her fellow lion about it.

Adam still loves me – I think – or at the very least he wants me – what’s the difference?

I do not want him: At night, I lie still like dried mud while he pokes into the crevices of my body. I close my eyes and try to imagine that it is your mouth and your hands. As he is peeing afterwards, the vision finally comes to me, and I drift off to sleep alone, with you in my brain and Adam outside, taking care of his bodily functions.

Is that all I am to him – a bodily function? Is that all I was to you?

You eat. You sleep. You shit. You fuck.

You fucked me over good.

Fuck you.

No comments:

Post a Comment