Saturday, August 27, 2011

Jeremiah Chapter 5 is Hard To Write About

It is. It is so hauntingly beautiful. I guess that sounds strange, because the chapter is about injustice and war, but I have just been chanting it to the rthym of the rain*, feeling it reverberate within me like pheonix music in Harry Potter. (I feel kind of lame making a Harry Potter reference in blog-life. Oops.)

Everyone is either freaking out about the hurricane, or trying to ignore it. This is a night when one looks out the window and thinks, "How magnificent are your works God". This is a night when one shares beauty with a stranger, and epiphanies melt like orgasms into the night air. It is a night when the winds crawl up your thighs.

This is a night when, after numerous mistypings, I finally get connected to the link with Jeremiah chapter 5, and decide to cheat on my own assignment, because, like a storm, sometimes words suffer when humans try to tame their beauty:

http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt1105.htm


* I can never manage to spell that word correctly. I blame you, Spell-check!

No comments:

Post a Comment