Monday, March 18, 2013

Trans. of most recent vers.

"Don't touch me", she said:
 "Perhaps your eyes' evil will infect me,
or I'll become addicted to your foot,
and hide from your face's light".

You went before me like a soldier
in a mine-field, afraid
to put down your foot - yard-trampeler,
thigh-conqueror,  breast-biter.

Who asked this of you?

Did she not say, "Don't touch me"?
Not "Kiss me" or "Bite me" -
for perhaps I will be infected
by the badness in your heart,
and become bitter inside you -
I will become a mine-field:

The scent of grass caresses your face.
I've grown satisfied from the roses' thorns;
I've already been pricked by perfume of your neck,
that stuck to her lips when they said, "Dont't touch me".

I've already been prey between your teeth. Did you like how I tasted?

If I have become bitter, please
sweeten me between your lips-
for "Don't touch me", she said,
but I'm already addicted to your face, your skin.






No comments:

Post a Comment